Saturday, March 30, 2013

So...I found this pattern ......

Well, it wasn't really a pattern, it was more like a picture with basic instructions - all in Spanish and I don't read or speak Spanish unfortunately.  I really should have paid more attention in school.  I didn't think I would ever need algebra either...ooops.  So, here I am with a seriously retro/Boho tank top that I want to make and only a picture to work from.  Here is what I did.  

Using a sport weight cotton and a G hook, I made 4 plain old granny squares.  They are 7 rounds each (8.5" wide - 10" on the diagonal.






When they were completed. I sewed them together corner to corner, creating a tube of sorts.


Added straps using SC (9.5" 41 rows of 8 stitches)  I attached the strap on the back side with slip stitches.


I continued a ripple stitched for _____ rows making it _____inches long.  (you can keep going and make a dress or swimsuit cover up if you want!)

Here it is after 4 rows:

 
After 14 rows:



and viola - a Retro/Boho tank top!

I did a round of Picot stitch around the bottom


No comments: